On March 17, we all get to feel a little bit Irish. Whether you are celebrating your heritage or just love having some fun, St. Patrick’s Day is a great way to do both. Here at Paul Obaugh Ford, we love St. Patrick’s Day and want to share these traditional and fun recipes with you.
- Corned Beef and Vegetables. This traditional meal uses corned beef, turnips, potatoes and carrots.
- Irish Soda Bread. This bread gets its name from the use of baking soda instead of yeast as the leavening agent. Add your favorite flavors and serve it warm.
- Colcannon. Mix together cabbage and mashed potatoes to create this traditional Irish food. Serve it as a side with your corned beef.
- Irish Grilled Cheese. Take a traditional grilled cheese sandwich and add some green with pickles and herb-studded butter.
- Chocolate Stout Cupcakes. These chocolate cupcakes include the flavor of Guinness. Add cream cheese frosting to imitate the foamy top of a glass of beer.
- Mint Shakes. Your whole family will love these creamy, minty milk shakes. Use high-quality ice cream for the best flavor.
- Lime Poke Cake. This is a simple dessert to make. Make a white cake, poke holes in it, pour in warm lime jello and chill the cake.